Sunday, February 26, 2012

Big Girls Don't Cry

I was feeling guilty to leave this all behind. I was supposed to be the caretaker and now I'm abandoning it? I also felt proud to be the only one in touch with the family's belongings and through it with our sweet history and memories. But as I sat in my purple room and looked around at my juvenile things- a red hula hoop, my ski bear snow globe, my silly stuffed penguin and other cutesy stuff, I realized I gotta move on. Who is it helping if i hold on to the past? There's no way but forward. Of course I can always come back and relive my carefree days from time to time but now i have to grow up for realz! Not only are we moving but a new life is coming into our lives InshaAllah. I can't be the baby anymore- someone else is taking that position. It's definitely scary but I have faith in my Lord and i have my support system by me. InshaAllah it'll be ok. I'll be brave cuz big girls don't cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment