Friday, July 13, 2012

Fanatic

People think I've changed; actually I'm still the same, they've just gotten to know me better. My inclination towards religion may not have been so strong before, it was more of a formality but ever since my Daddy left and I needed more powerful help than any person could give me I turned towards my Creator. That was the biggest healing force for me and I've stuck with it ever since. I started reading more, learning more, trying to understand what is allowed and not allowed.  I'm not saying I'm an angel now or something, I'm far from it but I do want to live my life according to the teachings of Islam.
Another driving force is this life inside of me. If I want it to be good, no better than me, I have to be the example. I can't expect it to be noble and kind, pious and virtuous without at least showing some of it myself. This is a new stage in my life and I don't want to taint it with the wrong decisions. Do you know how scary it is when you think you'll be held responsible for its sins and misdoings aside from your own?
This place I'm living in now is full of temptations and they all seem so easy but isn't that the real test? To stick with what you know in your heart is right and not to give in?
Maybe I should have put my viewpoint across sooner, it was naive of me to assume everyone would think the same way as me. But it's out there now, and I'm not backing down. It's not just my future on the line, it's this little one's too...

No comments:

Post a Comment