Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Street View

Google is insane. I just discovered Google street view and ummm... dayem! You can see every detail every pothole and every patch on the roads. You can even see the beige aluminum siding on the traitor's house and his ugly minivan in the driveway; the dead end; the house with the crazy dog; you can even see the house on the corner of Fallwood that was always mysteriously changing owners; the grocery store we would go to alll the time and walk only on the brown tiles (well at least i did!); the park at the end of Kent where we went to see the Columbus Day fireworks with the cousins; the flashback-to-yesteryears Main Street where we would go to get surprise birthday and anniversary presents for mama and uboo; go a little further and see the halal meat store we'd go to and get a little taste of Karachi ; go further and see the cousins' house in Queens where we spent countless afternoons and lazy weekends and then... stand in the same spot where my daddy proudly took a picture of his new apartment we were supposed to spend our summer vacations. The images just left me feeling empty yet overwhelmed; gutted yet satisfied; bittersweet I guess. I wish we were all there together again I wish we had more time together I wish we could all share in the same memories especially the ones to come... Life seems so incomplete without you all... my family... my heart... feels lost... just come back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment