Sunday, May 2, 2010

Just a Boring Sunday

It's one of those days, when you have too much free time and your mind starts to wander. my mind usually wanders back in time to when things seemed simpler, easier, happier
I was recalling lazy Sundays when we would wake up late. Me and mama would make 'unda and paratha'- uboo's favorite breakfast. then we'd all read our newspapers, joke around, talk about vacation plans and then the Sunday visitors would start coming, mostly Uboo's friends. He'd ask me to make chai or sharbat depending on whether the guests were in a hurry. But mostly it was chai cuz after all my daddy was great company to be around and they wouldn't want to leave too quickly. And when I would bring him the tray he would just smile at me ( the kind of smile only me and Uboojee shared hehe) and my annoyance of having to do kitchen work on a Sunday would just wash away. Then as evening fell and there was nothing else to do, we would all coax Uboo into taking us out for dinner. Sometimes he'd only agree to go someplace nearby but then other times he'd take us to the nicest restaurant in the city- no reason, no celebration just because. Those were the best kinds of Sundays- Lazy yet spontaneous, but most of all, happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment